A fast new programming language from Apple.
Swift looks to be a more functional language with features taken from the likes of Python or Ruby. This could see a quicker learning curve which will result in a faster uptake for developers looking to create iOS apps.
- Closures unified with function pointers
- Tuples and multiple return values
- Fast and concise iteration over a range or collection
- Structs that support methods, extensions, protocols.
- Functional programming patterns, e.g.: map and filter
Find out more: https://developer.apple.com/swift/